For twelve years, Professor Goldblatt has been engaged by a wide variety of individuals and groups to conduct tours of the inspiring city of Edinburgh. Professor Goldblatt offers the following customized three-hour tour programmes.
“What a wonderful time we had with you yesterday. It was such a pleasure to spend time with you.” Jenny and Patrick Bailey, Milton, Massachussets
“This trip has been absolutely wonderful, and Joe you were the ribbon on top of this trip! Everyone had an absolute blast and couldn’t stop talking about how incredible you are.” McKenzie Lakey, Orlando, Florida
“I had no idea how much Americans have contributed to Scotland and the world and how strong our ties are until I took this tour! What great stories!” USA tourist from Atlanta, Georgia
“What an inspiring role the Jewish people have played in Edinburgh and throughout Scotland! I was impressed with the rich history and the future plans for this unique community.” Jewish tourist from Switzerland
The Americans in Scotland Walking Tour
Celebrate the many positive links between Scotland the United States and learn how to research your Scottish ancestry, tartan and coat of arms.
- Discover why Abraham Lincoln respected Scotland’s national bard Robert Burns and see his statue which was the first one in Europe.
- Explore the many inventions of the Scottish people that were later developed in the USA and have changed the world.
- Experience the unique cultural links between the USA and Scotland.
- Learn about Scotland’s unique government and how the Declaration of Arbroath inspired the USA Declaration of independence.
- You will have photo opportunities at Edinburgh Castle, St Giles Cathedral, the Royal Mile, the Canongate Kirk, Adam Smith’s tomb, Lincoln’s statue, Holyrood Palace and much more.
The tour is a three hour light walking tour (no steps) with frequent stops, departing from the Balmoral Hotel and proceeding up the Royal Mile and concluding with Tea at Her Majesty’s Palace.
Tour limited to ten persons.
The Jewish People in Edinburgh & Scotland Walking Tour
The three-hour tour will include all of the historic Jewish sites in Edinburgh and describe how for 200 years the Jewish people has contributed to the grown and development of Scotland’s capital city. Photo opportunities will include:
- The site of the original Jewish quarter in Edinburgh
- Two historic plaques commemorating how the Jewish people founded the world-renowned Edinburgh International Festival
- The historic nineteenth-century Jewish cemetery
- The site of the original Jewish synagogue
- The eighteenth-century tomb of one of Scotland’s most historic and famous Jewish citizens, Dr Herman Lion who was both a podiatrist and dentist!
- The main orthodox synagogue in Edinburgh
- The development of the Jewish community in Edinburgh and its future Edinburgh Jewish Cultural Centre
This is a light walking tour (no steps) and some of the tour is conducted by a small coach and it shall conclude with tea and discussion at the historic Balmoral Hotel (tea and biscuits not included in tour fee).
Tour is limited to six persons.
The Balmoral, A Rocco Forte Hotel, is the official and exclusive booking partner for these tours.
To book a tour please telephone + 131 556 2414 and ask for the Concierge Desk or email email@example.com They will be happy to assist you in booking a tour. If you have further questions about these tours, please email firstname.lastname@example.org